Nadia Bolz-Weber said it best in her book Shameless, “Origin stories, tell us how the world came about, where we came from, and other important things like white snakes, don’t have Lex. We may think we know our own origin story really well, but the garden of Eden account in genesis is notably devoid of several elements that Lora has inserted into it. For instance, there are no mentions of original sin, “a fall from grace,“ Satan, or temptation. And there wasn’t even an apple involved.”
In this episode of the Modern Magic Podcast, Katie Leigh Jackson sits down with Rev. Cindy Pincus to discuss this story and how we’ve all gotten it wrong all these years. Rev. Cindy shares a new version of the story from the Gnostics (who knew they existed) and gives the most beautiful illustration of what this story means for us as women and our connection to nature.
Join us for a little story time that will completely change the way you look at the story of Eve.
On this episode we discuss:
• What Cindy’s spiritual journey was like as a child?
• How Cindy became a spiritual teacher and healer?
• A new version of the story of Eve. (Check out her full sermon here)
• Who are the gnostics?
• How does this version of the story change the way we look at Eve/women?
- Cindy Pincus’ website
- Subscribe to her weekly newsletter
- Join the Mighty Network, her online community